Sunday, August 8, 2010

cow tongue.... doesn't taste like chicken.




Today I sat in church and listened to the pastor preach about giving. "You must give before you can expect to receive," he says. He encouraged and instructed everyone to give. He used a story of his own experience. A missionary within the church was trying to raise support to "go out and proclaim the word." When the "support" came in, he realized he could not live off the support provided by the church. He was shocked and upset. The pastor said again, "you must give before you can expect to receive. Too often we only expect to receive and forget that we must also give."

I love it. It's a revolving door within God's family. You cannot expect to always get, get, get. You have to also give. You have to try to out-give what you are given. Try to out-give God. It's not possible, but at least you'll be on the right path.

After church, Brad, Demo, and I got to spend some time with a few of the boys from the Remar orphanage. Angel, Noel, Michael, Erling, and a few of the new boys as well. We also met up with them later that night at Remar. We got to spend some time with a few of the other boys. Freddi, who is very special to me, was there, too. We'll see them all again before the week is up.

Between church and Remar, we checked in with the Buzbee family at Open Hearts farm just outside Managua. I met Susan Buzbee and Michelle Buzbee before we left again. I'm excited to meet the entire clan. I only hear amazing things. Good people to be here with and to know, in general.

Recap Stories of the day:

I ate cow tongue. And it was good.
As I'm sitting here typing, there is a dog howling and it sounds exactly like Elliot (my dog).
I love trying to speak / speaking Spanish.
Sports can minister across cultural barriers.
Music can, too.

There is still more to do here... a lot more. This week will be very telling. By Sunday, things will change; one way or another.


Love always and sweet dreams,

Meredith


Follow Brad @: http://bradwrightsblog.blogspot.com/

1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment